rotating banner

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to school

Several weeks ago, I saw Monsters University, and what really stood out to me was how they took the very simple appealing designs of Monsters Inc and just subtly "plussed" everything with interesting textures. It made me enjoy the sequel on a whole other level- visually it was very engrossing.


The next day I felt like doodling some Monster students. These aren't from the film, of course, though some did start to stray close to familiar characters and I had to make drastic changes as the drawing progressed. I hate when that happens!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sir, your artwork is amazing and your style inspires me. :)
You wouldn't mind if I use this for inking and coloring practices. Would you? ^_^
Thank you. :)

Eric Scales said...

Feel free to use some of my sketches for inking or coloring practice, but please don't sell them and if you post them anywhere please give me credit for the original. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sure thing sir!
Thank you so much :)