rotating banner

Friday, February 3, 2012

Rough Magic

A few years back, I was asked to design the header/logo for MagicMusic.net, a discussion forum about Disney music. What was really exciting was that the webmaster is a big fan of Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily's as I am, and he wanted something similar to what they had designed for LuxuriaMusic.com





Designed by Kevin & Jody





I was super excited about this, loving both Disney music and Kevin and Jody's work. The client wanted the logo to have a retro 50's feel, but was open to maybe showing a progression of the early days of records up through modern digital formats. Other suggestions were to use Disney icons (Sorcerer's hats and wands) without infringing on copyright. Unfortunately, the webmaster decided to go another direction and not use my stuff. Here are my rough pencil/computer text mockups.
































































I may just finish a few of these some day, just because I like them so much. All designs are copyright Eric Scales unless otherwise stated.

No comments: