rotating banner

Monday, September 14, 2009

Brown Bears and Blue Alligators

A few years ago I did some small illustrations for my daughter's preschool yearbook. Each class had a animal name that incorporated a color. These were done so quickly, I am amazed that they came out as good as they did. In actuality they have a tremendous simplicity and appeal that I think I lose if I work too long on something. I literally sketched these each in a minute or two and then on the final yearbook layout page tried to reproduce the design from my sketch as best I could with guoache- no underdrawing. I tried to use a very limited color pallete, keeping each animal monochromatic as much as possible. Here are just a few today.

These are the Brown Bears:

and some Blue Alligators:

More to come in a later post.






No comments: