rotating banner

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thank heaven for pretty girls...

I hardly ever draw pretty girls. I mean if I'm out and about sketching and a pretty girl walks by, sure I'll try to draw her. But those are almost never pretty drawings. For one reason or another, those end up being overworked, figural sketches. I don't worry about the facial features or the simplicity of the form. When I draw those girls, it's almost always an unsatisfying result. But every once in a while I will just sit and try to draw a really pretty girl. A girl with a nice figure, and attractive features. I try and get it all down quick, but since it's all from my head I'm not concerned with matching what's in front of me. My only concern is putting down something that looks right. They aren't all great, but more often than not, I like 'em. My only hesitation in putting any of them up is that there are a lot of people who do these kinds of drawings a lot better than I do. To see some absolutley phenomenal "pretty girl" drawings that look like they just flowed into existence, check out the blogs of Chris Sanders, Jenny Lerew, and Frank Cho . They make my stuff look like gorilla finger paintings. But I'm stubborn so I'm gonna post mine anyway! Stay tuned...

No comments: