rotating banner

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Critter House

I've always loved the idea of little houses like this. I started this one planning on having a little rabbit peeking out the window, and was going to post it on Easter. I was going to have a little wooden door kinda crammed into that lower space and maybe some mushrooms for awnings or roofs but as it went along I really just liked it as it was though it's certainly darker in tone than I had planned. Anyway the latticework in that upper portion is the only real indication (aside from the light) that someone intelligent might live there. I'm still new at digital painting and even traditionally don't do a lot of environmental stuff like this, but it's certainly fun, even if it doesn't come naturally.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

THis looks incredible, I love the lighting. Wonderful work!