rotating banner

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Sandman

Well I was accepted onto the DrawerGeeks website. For those who didn't read the first post, DrawerGeeks.com is a bunch of people in various art industries who post their artwork on the web. They pick a common subject, and everyone interprets it in thier own style. It's basically just an excuse to have fun and keep in practice. Anyway they post each new batch of art Friday mornings, and I officially joined Thursday afternoon. Against my better judgement I stayed up late last night to do something quick for this weeks theme, the Sandman.

Sandman is a villian from the SpiderMan Comic Books. But DrawerGeeks generally has quite a wide range of interpretations of the theme, people riffing on whatever puns are in the name as well as straight interpretations. So far I'm the only one who didn't do the Spider Man character. I did a quick pencil sketch, then I scanned it into Photoshop and painted it digitally. The sketch took about 10 minutes and the color took about 2 hours. You can check out the other submissions here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, uhm... did you just wait around patiently for them to accept you? I've had my submission sitting there for a month now. In fact, I've submitted two usernames just in case they missed my first one. Neither has been accepted.

Is there someone I should contact to be heard?

Please and thanks.